Simteq is a young, dynamic, and unique company producing Full Flight Simulators for professional pilot training.
We have one focus: building the most sophisticated B737 and A320 simulators for our high-demanding worldwide customers.
We manufacture both software and hardware for civil flight simulators, all of this with a direct view to the simulators.
Our facility is located in Nieuw Vennep, the Netherlands, near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. In past years, our client base has grown to include some of the largest aerospace companies in the world. Collaboration with our clients encompasses many different projects with varying requirements, all to the highest production standards. Working at Simteq means developing technical, high-end products within dynamic teams of specialists.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer or Senior Computer Science Engineer,
to take a role as:
Software Simulation Manager (m/f)
This is a technical role to drive execution of the Simulation Software Products and maintain communality across the platforms. In this role person is responsible for leading team of Software Engineers for all development activities for simulation software, it is expected person to deliver hands-on work for 70% of his/her time.
This role closely partners with the business and key leaders within the SIMTEQ and provides overall direction, guidance, and definition for the architecture and design of infrastructure solutions to effectively support the overall business strategy.
- Participates in the development of the system architecture and uses the system architecture to evaluate software alternative solutions, with emphasis on scalability, reuse, COTS, standardization and Open Architecture
- Supports business in developing Technology Roadmaps for the Product Line
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical Integrity of all Products within a Product Line
- Responsible for Software Quality assurance process and audit
- Ensures common solutions are implemented to common software problems across the business
- BS in Engineering with strong knowledge in Architecture of complex software systems
- 5+ years of flight simulation experience
- Good understanding of Component-based approach & Software reuse
- Good understanding of Embedded Real-Time Software development & high power computing & many cores technology
- Good interpersonal skills, Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Good decision making skills
- Very diverse and challenging work
- A pleasant atmosphere with a devoted and energetic team of specialists
- Working in a dynamic & unique company in the flight simulation industry
- Good working conditions, including an excellent pension scheme
- Growth opportunities
- Education and training opportunities
If you meet the above job requirements, please send your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions you can also contact us at +31 (0)888 737 828.
Agency calls are not appreciated