Simteq is a young, dynamic and unique company, producing Full Flight Simulators for professional pilot training.
We have one focus: building the most sophisticated B737 and A320 simulators for our high-demanding worldwide customers.
We manufacture both software and hardware for civil flight simulators, all of this with a direct view to the simulators.
Our facility is located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands, near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. In the past years, our client base has grown to include some of the largest aerospace companies in the world. Collaboration with our clients encompasses many different projects with varying requirements, all to the highest production standards. Working at Simteq means developing technical, high-end products within dynamic teams of specialists.
In our Document and Training department, we are looking for a Technical / Aviation Engineer to take a role as:
Technical Writer (m/f)
The Technical Writer will be responsible of creating and editing documents that are part of the product delivery. This includes among others product operation descriptions, user manuals, maintenance manuals, test manuals and training tools.
He/she will actively contribute to the quality standards and systems of the entire technical documentation.
- Create and edit technical content of technical flight simulator documents
- Communicate with engineers and technicians in areas that relate to the product development and maintenance
- Edit existing documentation to comply with our quality and lay-out standards
- Transform technical content of external supplier documents to include in the Simteq documentation
- Work in a team of technical writers to improve the quality of the technical documents and contribute to the effectiveness of document control
- Contribute in technical training of customer engineers and operators
- Bachelor degree in electronics/electrical engineering or Aviation
- Minimum of two years of experience in writing technical documents
- Experienced with office tools Microsoft Office and/or LibreOffice
- Experience with FrameMaker preferred
- Basic knowledge of aviation terms and procedures
- Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents such as engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly procedures and test procedures
- Ability to write simplified technical English
- Ambition to work in high tech environment in cooperation with technical engineers
- Good understanding of documentation standards
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks according to planning
- Training skills (optional)
- Very diverse and challenging work
- A pleasant atmosphere with a team of specialists
- Working in a dynamic & unique company in the flight simulation industry
- Good working conditions, including an excellent pension scheme
- Education and training opportunities
If you meet the above job requirements, please send your application with CV to email@example.com. For any questions you can also contact us at +31 (0)888 737 822.
Please note that taking a test of getting an assignment can be part of our selection procedure.
Agency calls are not appreciated